Department: Math Department
Supervisor: Alice Ramos
Student aides assist the department by utilizing the skills and experiences gained in their studies to assist in grading, tutoring, setting up labs, and contributing to other department related activities and projects.
Essential Job Functions:
Duties may include grading, setting up labs, tutoring, designing bulletin boards, coordinating aspects of departmental events and helping with other department related tasks.
- Has Junior or Senior standing
- Working toward a degree in math, math education, engineering or related field
- Successfully completed Calculus II and III or equivalent
- Maintains a GPA of 2.67 or better
- Can provide references from within the department
- Demonstrates integrity and a willingness to serve
- Uses time wisely
- Works independently
- Commits to an agreed upon range of hours per week for the duration of the semester
- Communicates well with faculty supervisors
- Handles assigned tasks in a timely manner