Department: Writing Center
Supervisor: Tara Holmes
The Bethel University Writing Center, now located in the Learning Commons, is looking for outstanding writers to serve as writing coaches to work one-on-one or in small groups with students struggling with writing for any course offered at Bethel. Additionally, these writing coaches will also serve as Teaching Assistants (TA) paired with a professor who teaches ENG100, ENG101, and/or ENG102 (traditional, AGS, and online with BUx).
Essential Job Functions:
Students will work directly with a professor during one (or two) courses during the semester (ENG100, ENG101, and/or ENG102) as an assistant available to do break-out writing sessions, one-on-one writing mentor meetings, and other functions deemed applicable between the TA and professor to improve student writing.Qualifications:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Recommendation of current member of writing/literature professor
- Screening interview with director
- Flexibility and availability with the student’s upcoming academic semester schedule
- Required participation in training (flexible options)
- Must commit to the class meeting of course assigned (MWF or TR) when needed per agreement with course professor
- Flexible Writing enter hours Monday – Thursday (2-5pm and/or 8-10pm) dependent on student’s academic/athletic schedule
- Check email/text messages regularly for communications from supervisor
- Help create positive environment facilitating increased student success with writing
Please apply here.