Department: Student Activities/Student Life
Supervisor: Allison Nicholas
Job Summary:The Student Activities intern manages and promotes events on campus. This individual assists with and develops various office projects and tasks, primarily focusing on event execution (planning, setup, tear down, hosting, promotion, professional correspondence, etc.).
We’re looking for a current freshman, sophomore, or junior to work 10 hours/week. Open to all majors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Produce and maintain content for Bethel_Now social media accounts
- Generate ideas, troubleshoot, and participate on a student board
- Assist with event execution from start to finish
- Interact and communicate with Bethel departments, outside vendors, and students
- Communicate via phone calls and emails to plan and organize
- Be a representative on Student Council as a regular voice of Student Life
- Grow in professional development through resume coaching, headshots, evaluations, etc.
- Participate in an internship cohort and complete one leadership project as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- Required participation in intern training
- Ability to work most Friday evenings (and some Sundays) throughout the school year
- Maintain excellent communication with supervisor
- Assist with communicating and marketing events
- Help recruit future student activity board members
- Actively seek to improve the Bethel experience for students via research and feedback
- Passion and excitement for Bethel University and ongoing personal development
- Works well with peers and supervisors
- Confidence and ability to lead
- Works independently as well as in groups
- Manages time efficiently
- Engaged with campus events and culture
- Works well with attention to detail and assertive when given directions
- Professionally represents Bethel University in a respectful manner
- Eye for design
- Flexible with job responsibilities during scheduled shift
- Ability to multi-task and handle other tasks as assigned
Bethel University Intern Program
The Bethel University Intern Program is an initiative designed to provide traditional students with practical knowledge through meaningful work experiences. Students participating in these internships will work closely with individual supervisor to enhance and support their assigned department. Students will participate in various career development opportunities, including resume coaching and a Leadership Project to be completed and presented by the end of the school year. Employers prefer to see internships on a resume and desire the skills gained from these experiences. Internships are available within participating Bethel University Departments.
What is an Internship?
An internship is a mentored work experience with an education focus tied to the students’ course work within their major. Typically, an internship is available for one or two semesters. They average 10 hours per week for 14 weeks per semester for a maximum of 150 hours. The Bethel University Internship Program is a paid student worker program.
Internship will commence the week of August 21, 2023 and conclude around May 2, 2024.
To be eligible to apply for an internship you must meet the following requirements:
- Full-time traditional student in good standing
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA and not on academic probation
- Declared major related to the internship
- May be required to possess specific competencies or skills to qualify for internship
- Must submit cover letter and resume along with application form