Department: Business Office
Supervisor: Angela Shelton/Kevin Smithberger
The Student Accounts Assistant will support the Cashier, Student Accounts Manager, Controller, Staff Accountant, Business Office and Financial Aid Office. Candidate will be responsible for file maintenance of data. In addition, they will provide customer service via phone and in person to students, parents, faculty, and staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer, direct, and respond to Campus Switchboard
- Answer phones and take care of walk-ins; direct to appropriate personnel/resource; answer student/parent questions
- Look up student ID#’s
- View transaction account history
- Edit/change/update address and email information
- Create/remove account alerts
- Create account holds
- View financial aid
- View registration details
- County money received from departments
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Maintain equipment (i.e. copier/fax, shredder, receipt printer, pop machine) including minor repairs or calling for service; assisting with mailings, birthday parties, and form design.
- Other duties as assigned
- To carry out assigned responsibilities with minimal errors
- To assist others within the department as needed
- Ability to multi-task, handle numerous details, and perform a large volume of data entry accurately within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle the pressure of performing routine work efficiently and productively and to meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office and the ability to work with printers, copiers and fax machines.
- Accuracy and trustworthiness in working with money, recording monetary information and working with accounts.
- Accounting knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time as well as speak clearly and listen.