Department: Institutional Advancement
Supervisor: Sarah Charles
This is a highly qualified, on-campus job that can give you up to 10-15 hours extra a week for two weeks during the summer at $10 per hour. We are looking for people who have an excitement for making connections with Bethel alumni and friends while helping raise support for general scholarships for current and future Bethel students.
Responsible for contacting BU alumni and friends, functioning both as a fundraiser and “friend raiser.” Each caller should:
- Provide each alumnus or friend with a quality call, meaning sharing your story, hearing their story, and sharing information about the University while having positive rapport
- Obtain pledges for monetary support of the Annual Fund (general scholarships) for Bethel University
- Update necessary alumni and friend records and information
- Respect the confidentiality of all personal and financial records
- Have a positive attitude during shift
May 24-28: Phonathon interviews
June 10: Phonathon script training for all callers and supervisors
June 11: Phonathon system and call training on computers for all callers & supervisors
June 14-18: Calling (shifts listed below)
June 21-25: Calling (shifts listed below)
Hours: Three hour shifts Monday – Friday from 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. *Must be able to work at least two out of these three hour shifts per week. Must work full three-hour shift. (Please note – if you are working elsewhere on campus, you will need to plan with your supervisors to ensure that in total you do not work more than 40 hours/week. Overtime will not be permitted).
- Must be able to perform duties as listed above
- Must be a current BU student or 2021 alum
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Must be able to speak in a clear and concise manner while conveying enthusiasm for BU
- Must be able to follow directions and have a high regard for details
- Callers must report to work on time and work the entire shift
- Callers are responsible for finding approved substitutes for shifts
- Callers are required to attend all training
All donor information is confidential. Donor records or discussions of donor information are not permitted outside the Phonathon calling area.