Department: Music Department
Supervisor: Becky Branch and Don Hunter
This position assists as needed with day-to-day functions of the Music Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Moving, set up, and striking music equipment, including moving large equipment on wheels and small to medium items by hand.
- Music major/minor or instrumental or choral experience preferred
- Able to work independently, organized, detail-oriented, cheerful, flexible, and willing to follow instructions, both verbal and written.
- The student’s schedule must be at least somewhat compatible with the music department requirements for moving equipment (late afternoons on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays in additions to performances)
- Move, set up, and tear down equipment as instructed by ensemble directors week each.
- Physical capability to lift equipment up to 30lbs and push heavy equipment on castors (less than 200lb).
- Take price in behind the scenes tasks
- Red floor plans and recreate said plans
- Enjoy work that may be repetitive in nature
- The student will be assigned 3-6 hrs/week (1-2 hours each day listed above), planned around their class schedule and other commitments.
- The student is expected to arrive on time and demonstrate a commitment to their work and a willingness to serve in whatever capacity is needed. Cancellations and changes in schedule, other than sickness or emergency, must be arranged in advance.