Department: Music Department
Supervisor: Kelli Grosse
This position assists as needed with day-to-day functions of the Music Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cataloguing, filing, and distributing music for all ensembles
- Clean office area and equipment
- General office tasks (assisting individuals at the front desk, answering the phone, maintaining records, concert prep, etc)
- Moving, set up, and striking music equipment.
- Music major/minor or instrumental or choral experience preferred
- Able to work independently, organized, detail-oriented, cheerful, flexible, and willing to follow instructions, both verbal and written.
- The student’s schedule must be at least somewhat compatible with the music department requirements for moving equipment.
- Move, set up, and tear down equipment as instructed by ensemble directors week each.
- Physical capability to lift equipment up to 30lbs and push heavy equipment on castors (less than 200lb).
- This position begins January 2020 before classes start and ends at the end of the spring semester.
- The student will be assigned 6 hrs/week, planned around their class schedule and other commitments.
- The student is expected to arrive on time and demonstrate a commitment to their work and a willingness to serve in whatever capacity is needed. Cancellations and changes in schedule, other than sickness or emergency, must be arranged in advance.