Supervisor: Teresa Rich-Gollnick
The Mailroom Clerk performs clerical duties in a campus mailroom facility consisting of a variety of duties in the collection, processing and distribution of interoffice and U.S. Mail.
Emphasis of the work is on the accurate and rapid processing of mail.
Essential Job Functions:
- Processes out-going mail; receives and distributes incoming mail; interoffice mail; and assembles mail and other items for student/faculty/staff routes
- Operates standard and/or computerized mail processing equipment; determines proper class and zone for U.S. Postal Service mail on standard or computerized mail scales to determine correct rate
- Affixes postage, weighs envelopes and parcels, calculates postage
- Receives and distributes incoming mail for all departments, all faculty and administrative offices which includes first-class mail
- Places notices for packages to be callled in student’s mail boxes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift heavy items, use hand truck and similar equipment to transport heavy loads
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with the public and to use tact and good judgement
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Have a good attitude
- Show up on time and work your regular scheduled hours
- Work with speed and accuracy
Please apply here.