Department: Learning Commons
Supervisor: Rachel Kennedy
Hiring for Fall 2021 Semester.
To provide tutoring services to the Bethel University student body to help facilitate independent student learning, bring clarity to concepts, and enhance students’ study skills within that discipline.
- Must be at least a second semester freshman with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be recommended by a faculty member in subject area you wish to tutor
- Must have an “A” in classes you tutor (For writing tutors: must have completed Written Communications III)
- Except for writing tutors, you must be majoring in the content area you wish to tutor
- Must demonstrate excellent writing skills or competency in desired subject area
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint programs
- Must have good self-management skills and personal responsibility
- Have the ability to work independently
- Must consider working as a tutor a ministry to be conducted with passion, strength and intelligence
- To commit to scheduled hours within the Learning Commons by being prompt and faithful in covering shifts. In an emergency, to find an appropriate substitute to cover the shift while informing the assistant manager or LC Manager of any schedule changes
- To address any challenges or issues that arise with the assistant manager or LC Manager
- To listen and respect each student’s privacy, creative process, and perspective
- To offer constructive guidance as appropriate
- To participate in monthly scheduled tutor training sessions
- To promote the services of the Learning Commons as appropriate: i.e. chapel announcements, class presentations, workshop development, etc.
- Assist students with general Learning Commons’ needs: i.e. printer jams, making copies, restocking printing paper, wireless printing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please apply here.