Department: Career Development Office
Supervisor: Tyler Grant
The Career Development Program Intern will oversee all aspects of the on-campus internship program to ensure positive participant experience.
In collaboration with the Director of Global Engagement and Career Services this person will seek to enhance the program through coordinating learning opportunities for participants and keeping both interns and supervisors informed about needs and accountable to program standards. The Program Intern will lead the management of the opportunity board on campus and assist with other office activities as needed, including coordinating mock interviews, resume coaching, staffing admissions events, and more.
Essential Job Functions:
- Improve office systems
- Maintain organized records
- Communicate needs and opportunities to supervisor in a timely manner
- Maintain professional boundaries and keep sensitive information confidential
- Answer phones/make phone calls
- Regularly check and respond to program emails
- Use Microsoft Office applications for data entry, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage department email address email@example.com, promptly responding to all inquiries
- Collect and track paperwork for off campus interns
- Track Intern activities on Canvas to make sure everyone is meeting requirements
- Communicate with supervisors and interns as needed
- Plan and lead trainings and orientations for on campus (especially for interns and their supervisors)
- Update interns with information to help them meet requirements (including career intercultural development trainings, resume coaching, etc)
- Actively seek to enhance the office’s ability to serve diverse students, and demonstrate a personal commitment to creating an inclusive office and campus culture
- Mange the quality and content of the on-campus Opportunity Board
- Keep office information current and accurate on BethelUniversity.edu, MyBethel, Facebook, Instagram, etc
- Assist with Service Day planning, preparation and execution
- Required participation in training
- Willing to work during non-scheduled times for department related events
- Maintain excellent communication with supervisor
Bethel University Intern Program
The Bethel University Intern Program is an initiative designed to provide traditional students with practical knowledge through meaningful work experiences. Students participating in these internships will perform research, tasks and projects that complement course work with their majors. Students will participate in two career development workshops, two diversity and inclusion workshops, and a resume coaching session during their first semester in order to continue with the program during their second semester. Employers prefer to see internships on a resume and desire the skills gained from these experiences. Internships are available within participating Bethel University Departments.
What is an Internship?
An internship is a mentored work experience with an education focus tied to the students’ course work within their major. Typically, an internship is available for one or two semesters. They range from 10-12 hours per week for 14 weeks per semester for a maximum of 150 hours. Students must be registered for an internship course in their major to participate. The Bethel University Internship Program is a paid student worker program. Intern is to work 10 to 12 hours per week for 14 weeks with specific schedule and hours to be coordinated with internship supervisor.
Internship will commence the week of August 20, 2020 and conclude on April 29, 2021, unless internship is limited to one semester.
To be eligible to apply for an internship you must meet the following requirements:
- Full-time traditional student in good standing
- Student must be registered for an internship course within their major
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA and not on academic probation
- Declared major related to the internship
- may be required to possess specific competencies or skills to qualify for internship
- Must submit cover letter and resume along with application form
Please apply here no later than March 31, 2020.