Intern Job Title: Athletic Director Intern
Internship Supervisor Name and Title: Tony Natali, Athletic Director
Athletic Director Intern
The Athletic Department is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to assist and learn the vast array of responsibilities involved with athletic administration including:
- Greet all opposing teams and officials and direct them to assigned locker rooms
- Assist with all setup and tear down in preparation of home contest
- Assist in scheduling workers for all home contests such as stats, camera crews, etc
- Asst in the cleaning and maintaining of all indoor athletic facilities
- Assist in day to day operations of department
- Help oversee donor relations and make sure donors are taken care of at home events
- Assist in ticket procedures for home events
The goal is to expose intern to all areas of running an Athletic Department.
Necessary Skill Sets:
- A sophomore, junior or senior with experience in/and knowledge of athletics is necessary for this position.
- This position is designed to benefit someone who is looking for a career in athletics or recreational administration.
- Candidate will be working with sixteen varsity sports, gym supervision and the Goodman/Wiekamp and outdoor facilities throughout the academic and sports calendar.
Physical demands may be included with event/game setup both indoors and outdoors.
Range of hours per week:
Intern is to work 10-12 hours per week for 14 weeks with specific schedule and hours to be coordinated with internship supervisor. Internship will commence the week of August 23, 2021 and conclude on April 29, 2022, unless internship is limited to one semester.
BETHEL UNIVERSITY INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Bethel University Intern Program is an initiative designed to provide traditional students with practical knowledge through meaningful work experiences. Students participating in these internships will perform research, tasks and projects that complement course work with their majors. Students will participate in two career development workshops, two diversity and inclusion workshops, and a resume coaching session during their first semester in order to continue with the program during their second semester. Employers prefer to see internships on a résumé and desire the skills gained from these experiences. Internships are available within participating Bethel University Departments.
What is an Internship?
An internship is a mentored work experience with an educational focus tied to the student’s course work within their major. Typically, an internship is available for one or two semesters. They range from 10-12 hours per week for 14 weeks per semester for a maximum of 150 hours. Students must be registered for an internship course in their major to participate. The Bethel University Internship Program is a paid student worker program.
To be eligible to apply for an internship you must meet the following requirements:
- Full-time traditional student in good standing
- Student must be registered for an internship course within their major
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA and not on academic probation
- Declared major related to the internship
- May be required to possess specific competencies or skills to qualify for internship
- Must submit cover letter and resume along with application form
Apply here by May 1, 2021.